Special deal: 100 EUR bonus for opening a Commerzbank account
The Cyberweek deal has just ended yesterday… and here’s the newest deal from Commerzbank! Open a Commerzbank bank account free of charge and receive a bonus of 100 EUR! In addition to the bonus of 100 EUR there are two more big advantages for this deal:
- No need for receiving a payment of at least 0.01 EUR/month. The account is permanently completely free of charge.
- You can get a Mastercard Classic credit card also permanently free of charge without any annual fees. Just open your Commerzbank bank account online and then request your credit card in a Commerzbank branch office (Find your nearest Commerzbank branch here) once your bank account is opened.
Here are the conditions that you have to meet in order to qualify for the bonus:
- You have not had a bank account at Commerzbank for the last 24 months
- You have to make at least five transactions per month with a value of at least 25 EUR in the first three months upon account opening (e.g. pay your rent, bills, in the supermarket, etc.)
- You have to register for paydirekt within the first three months upon account opening via the online banking portal. paydirekt is a service similar to PayPal. It’s free of charge and you do not need to make any transactions.
- You have to agree to receive news from Commerzbank via e-mail and telephone (do not unsubscribe within the first three months upon account opening – after the first three months you can of course unsubscribe)
So if you’re looking for a bank account that your are going to use actively, this is the perfect choice.
Here some more details about the Commerzbank account:
The Commerzbank is probably the most popular bank account amongst foreigners living in Germany. Why that? Well there are two big advantages with Commerzbank. Firstly, they are a renowned traditional bank with a lot of branch offices in Germany, even in smaller towns. So if you need personal advice just go to one of their offices where you can also often find English-speaking staff. The second advantage is the fact that their online banking portal is also available in English. This makes it the perfect bank account for expats or exchange students living in Germany.
Online banking portal in English
Free of charge if you receive a payment of at least 0.01 EUR/month (otherwise 9.90 EUR/month)
Free debit card with cash withdrawals free of charge at CashGroup ATMs
Branch offices with personal advice (often in English)
Legitimate yourself easily from your smartphone via VideoChat
No credit card included
Free cash withdrawal only at CashGroup ATMs
The account opening process only takes seven minutes. Unfortunately the account opening process is only available in German. Please find here a manual showing in detail how to open your Commerzbank account.
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links, meaning I earn a commission if you use those links.